The following resources have been developed by the QSA to help Queensland school RTOs meet the requirements of VET Quality Framework, including the Standards for NVR Registered Training Organisations.
These documents are examples only. Schools are not required to use them, and may use any other system that meets current requirements. Other people or organisations who wish to use QSA materials must obtain permission as stated in the copyright notice.
While the QSA provides some models and samples, it is the RTO's responsibility to ensure that their use meets current requirements.
Training and assessment strategies must meet the requirements of the relevant training package (or accredited course) and be developed through effective consultation with industry.
The following resources are provided to help school RTOs in developing effective and meaningful training and assessment strategies.
- Training and assessment strategy model: Streamlined format (DOTX, 147 kB)
- New Training and assessment strategy model: Comprehensive format DOCX version (DOCX, 578 kB)
- New Training and assessment strategy model: Comprehensive format DOC version (DOC, 630 kB)
Staff, facilities, equipment and training, and assessment materials must be developed through effective consultation with industry.
The following resource is provided to help school RTOs consult with industry.
Assessment in VET is the process of collecting evidence and making judgments on whether competency has been achieved, to confirm that an individual can perform to the standard expected in the workplace. Assessment tools are used to guide the collection of quality evidence in the assessment process.
The following resources are provided to help school RTOs in developing assessment tools.
- Observation and demonstration checklist (DOC, 202 kB)
- Question and answer checklist 1 (DOC, 197 kB)
- Question and answer checklist 2 (DOC, 175 kB)
- Student training and learning diary (DOC, 169 kB)
- Third-party evidence report (DOC, 176 kB)
Assessment must be moderated as well as systematically validated. Moderation is a process of bringing assessment judgments and standards into alignment. Validation is a quality review process.
The following resource is provided to help school RTOs in their moderation and validation processes.
Last updated: 18 March 2014