The QSA provides workshops to help teachers implement syllabuses for the Preparatory Year through to Year 12. Workshop activities are designed to explain the syllabuses and provide expert advice and guidance about planning and assessing. Attendance is not compulsory.
Participants in QSA workshops will receive certification appropriate for registration renewal under the QCT's Continuing Professional Development Framework.
The QSA jointly funds these activities with schools by providing the program resources. Schools contribute a fee for each participant. The QSA does not fund teacher release, travel or accommodation costs.
Please note that workshops may be cancelled or combined if insufficient registrations are received.
Note: Workshop registration fees are adjusted annually to incorporate changes to the Consumer Price Index (CPI). The rates for 2013 are $132 for a full day workshop and $97 for a half day workshop.
Prep - Year 10
- Updated Geography (PDF, 56 kB)
Free state-wide workshops to support implementing the Australian Curriculum: Geography P-10.
- Updated RESCHEDULED: NAPLAN Numeracy Years 3, 5, 7 and 9 — Brisbane (PDF, 136 kB)
- Updated RESCHEDULED: NAPLAN Persuasive writing — Brisbane (PDF, 139 kB)
- Updated RESCHEDULED: NAPLAN Reading Years 3 and 5 — Cairns (PDF, 132 kB)
- Updated RESCHEDULED: NAPLAN Reading Years 7 and 9 — Cairns and Rockhampton (PDF, 132 kB)
- Updated RESCHEDULED: NAPLAN Literacy and Numeracy Years 3 and 5 — Rockhampton (PDF, 136 kB)
Year 11 and 12
SAS consultation groups
Introductory workshops for senior syllabuses
- Introducing Business Management (PDF, 149 kB)
- Drama (PDF, 145 kB)
- Graphics (PDF, 144 kB)
- Legal Studies (PDF, 144 kB)
- Updated Introducing Technology Studies (PDF, 67 kB)
Assessment workshops for senior syllabuses
- Accounting (PDF, 66 kB)
- Economics (PDF, 157 kB)
- Health Education (PDF, 62 kB)
- Hospitality Studies (PDF, 151 kB)
- Languages (PDF, 69 kB)
To register for workshops please complete and submit the registration form.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (07) 3864 0471 or (07) 3864 0220.