WARNING: If you were involved in testing and have a test version of APEL installed i.e., a version prior to 1.1.1, please view the instructions on how to remove the pre-release version of APEL from your computer. It is essential that releases of APEL prior to version 1.1.1 are removed from your computer prior to download and installing the current version.
Download the appropriate file and follow the installation instructions below.
Note: The APEL software will only function correctly on Windows if you have permission to write to the install directory. If the APEL software is to be accessed by multiple computers, then please seek assistance (curriculum server) in this installation from your school’s IT support.
- APEL Windows application 1.1.4 (EXE, 14252 kB)
For Windows 2000/XP/Vista
- APEL Mac OS application 1.1.4 (DMG, 3056 kB)
- Download the Windows or Mac installation file.
- Navigate to the directory where you saved the installation file and open it. (Note: It is best to close other programs before you do this.)
- After the install program has opened, follow the prompts. Select a location, and the installer will install the program to this location.
If you are upgrading from an earlier APEL version you can download and install this updater.
- Update APEL (to version 1.1.4) for Windows (EXE, 12584 kB)
- Update APEL (to version 1.1.4) for Mac OS (DMG, 1546 kB)
- Download the Windows or Mac updater file.
- Run the updater.
- Select the directory where you have installed APEL, e.g. Apple Macintosh – Applications or in Windows C:\APEL
Instructions on how to use APEL are contained in the:
For assistance, email QCARadmin@qsa.qld.edu.au with your name, contact details and school and what operating system and version you are using (e.g. Microsoft Windows or Apple Macintosh).
Last reviewed: 6 January 2010