The resources on this page support planning within and across year levels for the The Arts key learning area. Resources to support integrated curriculum planning by year juncture are also available.
- The Arts ELs — Yr 3 (PDF, 141 kB) (DOC, 43 kB)
- The Arts ELs — Yr 5 (PDF, 143 kB) (DOC, 43 kB)
- The Arts ELs — Yr 7 (PDF, 144 kB) (DOC, 43 kB)
- The Arts ELs — Yr 9 (PDF, 164 kB) (DOC, 43 kB)
Components of the Essential Learnings
The following resources are designed to help planners map the components of the Essential Learnings across year-level junctures. These components are the Learning and assessment focus (L&AF), Ways of working (WoW) and Knowledge and understanding (K&U).
- The Arts L&AF — Yrs 3-9 (PDF, 52 kB) (DOC, 92 kB)
- The Arts WoW — Yrs 3-9 (PDF, 49 kB) (DOC, 87 kB)
- The Arts K&U — Yrs 3-9 (PDF, 67 kB) (DOC, 128 kB)
Assessable elements and descriptors (AED)
The assessable elements and descriptors of quality (AEDs) are used to link to the Essential Learnings and Standards, and help teachers make judgments about student achievements.
Sample unit templates
- Unit planner — annotated sample (PDF, 77 kB)
- Unit planner — Blank template for teachers (DOC, 180 kB)
Lower Secondary Subject Area Guidelines
The Information and Communication Technology Lower Secondary Subject Area Guidelines provide practical planning advice to develop a course of study for Years 8-10.
Implementing the Essential Learnings and Standards is a suite of materials supporting implementation of the QCAR Framework.
Last reviewed: 16 May 2013